This week there has been a lot of focus on two things:
- The former MAGA president’s impending indictment and
- What will happen with TikTok.
I can’t control the outcomes in either case, so there’s no point in worrying. But the uncertainty around TikTok reminded me of this: you’ve gotta fish where the fish are.
When my friend Finale dragged me over to TikTok last year she understood what I did not: that I needed to be fishing there if I wanted to catch anything. Because TikTok is where my audience lives.
Consider these TikTok statistics:
- As of January 2023 there are 113 million unique TikTok users in the U.S.
- The average user spends 95 minutes per day on the app.
- More GenZers use TikTok than Instagram.
- 40% of TikTok users aren’t on Facebook.
- 54% of TikTok users are women.
- With an average engagement rate of 4.25%, TikTok is the most engaging social media platform. By far. Instagram is in second place with .60%.
I’m grateful to Finale for setting me straight. Here’s a TikTok I did talking about the experience.